The immediate aftermath of a car accident can be disorienting for the drivers and passengers involved. Unfortunately, this short period is also the most critical for collecting vital information that will help with insurance and injury claims later on. If specific information is not collected right away, it could be more challenging to get the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages, repairs to your vehicle, and other losses.
Thankfully, several helpful traffic accident apps can help you gather the right information and inform the right people right after your accident. With these apps, you’ll be able to get immediate instructions on what to do after a crash occurs. You’ll also be able to contact the proper authorities no matter where the accident happened.
- SOSmart (iOS/Android – Free): This emergency notification app can be opened manually before you begin driving, or crash-detection monitoring can be activated automatically. In an emergency situation, you can immediately alert emergency contacts and reach first responders for assistance. The app also will display hospitals nearby and the fastest routes to get to them.
- iWrecked (iOS/Android – Free): This app helps you gather all the information you need at the scene of an accident. Take photos, collect and store insurance information from the other drivers involved, and generate a PDF of the accident report right on your phone. You can also use pre-stored emergency contact information to make phone calls.
- AxiKit Accident Report Kit (IOS/Android – Free): The AxiKit app walks users through the process of collecting data after a collision. It utilizes built-in tools, informing you of which statements to make (and which ones not to make), gathering and storing eyewitness accounts with voice recording, and a checklist of photos to take at the scene.
- Honk (iOS/Android – Free download, tow services starting at $49.00): Honk provides prompt roadside assistance through the app, with more than 30,000 trucks nationwide, providing 24/7 coverage. If you’ve been involved in an accident and need a tow truck right away, this app is an increasingly popular alternative to the traditional roadside assistance services.
- CamOnRoad (iOS/Android- Free): Available on both iOS and Android, this app acts as a dashboard camera and augmented-reality navigation system. It records all activity while driving, which could be very valuable in proving the other driver was at fault if you are involved in a collision.
If you are involved in a car accident, having these helpful apps at your fingertips could help you collect information that will be critical to have later on.
Contact a Virginia Beach Car Accident Lawyer for Help
An app can be a helpful resource after an accident, but it won’t be able to get you compensation for any injuries or property damage.
For that, you’ll need the dedicated Virginia Beach car accident lawyers at Ruloff, Swain, Haddad, Morecock, Talbert & Woodward, P.C. Call us or contact us online after an accident so we can start building your case right away.